FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
WESTERN DIGITAL INCREASES WD GOLD HARD DRIVES
CAPACITY BY 25 PERCENT
WD Gold Enterprise-class Hard Drives Now Offer up to 10TB Capacity
Thailand, Bangkok. – Aug. 4, 2016
– Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC), a world leader in storage solutions, today announced a new, high-capacity configuration of up to 10TB for its award-winning WD Gold™ datacenter hard drives. Designed for modern enterprise storage systems, WD Gold 10TB datacenter hard drives feature HelioSeal® helium-technology for high capacity, power efficient storage for datacenter environments.
WD Gold datacenter hard drives are designed for a broad range of applications – including small- to medium-scale enterprise servers and storage, and rack-mount datacenter servers and storage enclosures. WD Gold 10TB datacenter hard drives feature an optimized design over the existing WD Gold 8TB drives that helps reduce TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of servers and storage systems through an 8 percent operating power reduction while delivering 25 percent more capacity. This benefits IT administrators challenged with keeping up with growing storage demands on limited budgets.
“It is Western Digital’s on-going goal to provide superior reliability and compelling value to the our enterprise customers,” said Brendan Collins, vice president of product marketing, Western Digital. “WD Gold drives are a key component of the overall WD portfolio, providing power efficient, capacity-optimized storage for a wide range of high workload applications. The new 10TB capacity enables customers to efficiently deploy higher density storage solutions.”
WD Gold 10TB datacenter hard drives provide:
• Improved power efficiency – HelioSeal Technology delivers lower power with an increase in capacity. Power efficiency (watts/TB) during operation is improved up to 26 percent over the WD Gold 8TB drive.
• Better performance – Up to 21 percent sequential performance improvement over WD Gold 8TB datacenter drives
• High reliability – WD Gold drives incorporate best-of-breed design, manufacturing and test processes to achieve one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry – 2.5 million hours MTBF (8TB and 10TB offerings)
• Dedicated Premium Support Line– Western Digital offers a 24/7 premium support line for WD Gold drive customers and can be reached at U.S.: (855) 559-3733; International: +80055593733.
WD Gold 10TB hard drives (model number WD101KRYZ) are currently available at select Thai distributors; Eternal Asia (Thailand), Synnex (Thailand) and resellers. More information about the WD Gold hard drives and terms of the limited warranty may be found on the company website at www.wd.com.
About Western Digital
Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC) is an industry-leading provider of storage technologies and solutions that enable people to create, leverage, experience and preserve data. The company addresses ever-changing market needs by providing a full portfolio of compelling, high-quality storage solutions with customer-focused innovation, high efficiency, flexibility and speed. Our products are marketed under the HGST, SanDisk and WD brands to OEMs, distributors, resellers, cloud infrastructure providers and consumers.
This news release contains certain forward-looking statements, including statements concerning current and future product improvements and features, and their benefits to customers. There are a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate including, among others: volatility in global economic conditions; business conditions and growth in the storage ecosystem; impact of competitive products and pricing; market acceptance and cost of commodity materials and specialized product components; actions by competitors; unexpected advances in competing technologies; our development and introduction of products based on new technologies and expansion into new data storage markets; risks associated with acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures; difficulties or delays in manufacturing; and other risks and uncertainties listed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), including the company's Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on May 9, 2016, as well as SanDisk's Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on May 2, 2016, to both of which your attention is directed. We do not intend to update the information contained in this release.
Apps, services, and other features are subject to change based on your location, software version, device model, and third party service providers.
Western Digital, WD, the WD logo, HelioSeal, and WD Gold are registered trademarks or trademarks of Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks that may be mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Pictures shown may vary from actual products. Not all products may be available in all regions of the world. As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte = one billion bytes; one terabyte = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.
Local Media contact:
Pr Plus Two Co., LTD.
Tel: 02 158 9108 ext. 11